How to Verify Your Account
In line with regulation as well as the prevailing Know Your Customer (KYC) policy, our customers will now be required to verify the phone number attached to their BetKing Accounts. This update adds a layer of protection on your BetKing account and secures your activities on our platform.
Benefits of Verifying Your Phone Number
- An added layer of security on your BetKing Account
- Simplified password recovery
- Personalized promotional offers. This means we will be able to send your offers that are more suited to your interests
How to Verify Your Phone Number
To verify the Phone number registered against your BetKing account, simply follow the steps below;
- Log into your BetKing Account
- Click on the Profile icon to access your account information
- You will find a “Verify” button beside your phone number. Click to verify.
- An OTP will be sent via SMS to the phone number you are verifying
- Enter the code on the empty fields and click “Proceed”
You will receive a notification on your screen, informing you that your verification was a success.
- Make sure the phone number you have selected to verify is correct. You will only be able to complete the verification with a One Time Pin (OTP) sent to you via SMS
- If you have one phone number registered against multiple accounts, verify your phone number against the account you wish to retain. Once that account is verified, all other accounts with the same phone number will be made inactive.
- If you are not getting the OTP sent to you via SMS, try any of the following;
- Confirm that the phone number you have entered is correct
- Deactivate DND on your phone number. You can deactivate DND fully or partially;
- Text “Allow” to 2442 (Full Deactivation)
- Text “12” to 2442 (Partial Deactivation)
Resend the OTP from the verification page (this can only be done after a minute)
If the phone number you have saved on your account is incorrect, you have an option of changing the number, and you can complete this using the OTP sent to you via SMS